Daily Update Quotes - Be sure to come back everyday and mark your "DidIt" in the app.
- "Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an...
- 2018-03-24 00:00:00
- "Never... ever suggest they don't have to pay you. What they pay for, they'll value. What they get for free, they'll take for granted, and then demand as a right. Hold them up for all the market wi...
- 2018-03-24 00:00:00
<img class="alignnone size-full wp-image-198731" src="https://cdn.tinybuddha.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Girl-with-a-heart.jpg" alt="" width="640" height="427" srcset="https://cdn.tinybudd...
- Anna Shelley 2018-03-22 02:28:58
<img class="alignnone size-full wp-image-198469" src="https://cdn.tinybuddha.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Man-with-lanterns.jpg" alt="" width="640" height="427" srcset="https://cdn.tinybudd...
- Dr. Eric Tan 2018-03-21 02:05:26
How to get started
For centuries, Buddhists have cultivated happiness in day-to-day life. Then the hippies and New Age believers brought the philosophy to mainstream attention. Now it has found scientific credibility - there actually is something behind it all, and it's more than just feeling good.
Thinking in a positive way can benefit every task you do. If you harbor positive thoughts while in the middle of a stressful project, an economic downturn, or a difficult sale, you greatly increase your chances of reaching your goals.
Negative thinkers have four common mindsets:
- Filtering. These people pull the negatives out of any situation and focus on them almost exclusively. "It'll never work because..."
- Personalizing. Some make every situation about themselves. "I missed that sale so I must be totally incompetent."
- Polarizing. These people see things as either black or white. It's either "Everything is wonderful!" or "Everything is terrible!"
- Catastrophizing. Some people turn everything into a disaster. The company loses a big client and suddenly, "We'll go bankrupt!"
Being positive or negative is an attitude: it's all in your mind. When you start a new project or start a new company, why would you even bother if you think you are going to fail? Yet when things start to get more challenging, that's exactly what happens in many startups and new projects. People start focusing on the negative, and believing that everything was for naught. When enthusiasm wanes, such negative thinking becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Here are some practical ways to cultivate positive thinking in your life, and make it into a habit:
- Be appreciative of others. Every day, spend two minutes sending a short email or text message to praise or thank somebody.
- Smile often. Smiling shows a connection with other people, and actually helps us feel good just by doing it.
- Remember the good times. Spend a few minutes every day writing down something positive that happened in the last 24 hours.
- Have fun. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Make sure you enjoy yourself regularly.
Besides helping you achieve your goals, positive thinking adds to your quality of life: you get sick less often, and when you do, you recover from illness faster; you are less likely to get cardiovascular disease or high blood pressure; you are better able to deal with stress and hardship when it does happen.
You need to be aware of problems and take care of them when they occur. But you should not be obsessed by them, which is what a negative thinker does. If you choose to be positive and happy now, at least you will enjoy your life more. At most, you will excel even more at what you do.
- NLP Techniques: How to eliminate unwanted thoughts
- A great booklet to help you think more positie - download THIS!