The key to success in life and business is to become a master at Conversational Intelligence. It’s not about how smart you are, but how open you are to learn new and effective powerful conversational rituals that prime the brain for trust, partnership, and mutual success.
What to understand
- Our brains are wired to respond to words and actions from others that pose threats to us. Our old. reptile, brain looks for threats and then chemicals released shut down our ability to process information in order to defend against those threats.
- Learning how to avoid these bad conversations and how to promote better ones is the key to shifting your leadership.
Amygdala – fight or flight response. Threat = Brain shutdown to influence
Prefrontal Cortex – Social Brain. Build networks, have good judgment, be strategic, handle difficult conversations
How to have better conversations
- Building trust is one of the key things that you can do to enable better conversations. When we trust one another we are able to have the difficult conversations as our brains are open to them. The chemicals that promote social networks and sharing help open our minds.
- The key to building a high level of trust is demonstrating you care about the other person. Taking the time to show an interest in them and in their success.
- Key to better trust is also honest conversations and active listening.
Understand and follow the Conversational Dashboard